Monday, July 13, 2009

July, thus far

I have an awful cold. One of the ones where your throat is so sore if feels like you're scratching it out with your own nails.

I have survived a hugely busy period at work where I was an artist, problem solver, runner (mainly to Michael's), printer, decorator, hostess, promoter and gaffer.

I then survived Cornerstone where I managed to stay afloat during freezing cold nights spent praying in the tent whilst a hardcore band screamed again that they're doing this for the Lord, burning sun that made my forehead sting, the smell of BO, damp dank grass which made me want to heave, friendships that could never have been made any other way if it wasn't for the rains, being cramped on buses and smelling to the heavenlies.

Then a trip up to Indy where I went to see about a boy and came back smiling like a Chesire cat.

This isn't the most lyrical note I've ever written-but it has oodles of love in it. Promise.

2 comments:

  1. I have a cold too. I hope you get better soon.
    Where do you work?
    Your description of Cornerstone is awesome. I wish I could've gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at a non-profit called, Experience Worship. It's all about encouraging people to live lives of worship as opposed to just singing the songs.
    Wow my description of Cornerstone didn't put you off? It is worth experiencing at least once. But I've done it 3 times now-I reckon that's more than sufficient.
    Hope you're better :)

    ReplyDelete