Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Red

Yesterday I read the second half of my, 'finished' children's story and then emailed it to my Editor friend.

And there it is. The book is finally out of my hands and in anothers. I have begun the process and now I'm free to think of Red and Imogen's next adventures.

It's strange reading back on what you already wrote in a flurry of creative contentment, particularly when what you read makes you smile, tear up or laugh out loud.

I've said it before but my characters really do feel like my little ones. I know them and what they look like, what they'll say and sometimes what they'll think. Finishing this first story made me realise I absolutely do not want to let go of them quite yet, even if they are starting to grow up as it heads into summer time in Eyrely.

Fiction, it's where my heart rests. Without a book to read I feel bereft and when telling stories I feel a happy contentment that sits merrily in this little soul.

3 comments:

  1. :) I want to read your story sometime. I'm not one for writing, unless I'm writing something really sarcastic, but I love to read some good fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once it's back with me, all proofed and sensible, then you can read it at your leisure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete